- The property-marking machine will be made available through your local community development organisation at events throughout your area.
- Decide what items you wish to be marked remembering that it is not suitable for glass or other materials likely to shatter. A maximum of six markings per household is envisaged. You may decide to have one mark on six items or mark fewer items put more than one mark on some items.
- Make sure that you know what your Eircode is and bring it with you. You can find your Eircode at www.eircode.ie
- Get each item of property with your Eircode number
- Take photographs of each item of property.
- Record the details of each marked item of property on the register which you will keep and which you must use as part of this programme. These registers will be provided by the community group.
- Display the Community Protect sticker on each item of property and on your premises ONLY AFTER steps 4 to 6 have been completed